Forget what I said about dieting, and just do it.
There’s actually nothing I love more about springtime than baseball.
Everyone just parading around with three cups of Bud Lites and hot dogs, completely oversaturated with toppings.
Apparently, the Chicagoan in me is supposed to just curl up and die whenever I put ketchup on a hot dog, but I just don’t care.
I’m not even kidding, Michel Sittow’s The Assumption of the Virgin is about the same size as this .jpg.
And yet, it’s so incredibly detailed! The small, glistening stones in Mary’s crown; the small, glistening angels carrying a moon bow for Mary’s ascension; the small, glistening windows in the city below. I suppose at 5×7″, it has to be both “small” by definition, but “glistening?!” Glistening is ALL extra. <3<3<3
Hello!? A MOON BOW. That’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen any figure stand on to get into Heaven.
I have found myself saying or thinking this about everyone, including:
– MY TAXES, JESUS;
– my new landlord (who actually has an online paying system vs. shoving checks under a door like before…how rude!),
– my boss regarding every and all project deadline,
– dates I know I’m already going to bail on,
– fitness class confirmation emails,
– generally all workplace correspondence.